Friday, June 27, 2008

Mireille- Vierluik

Mireille made this wallhanging for her mother. She has pictures of her grandchildren everywhere but nothing coordinating. This wallhanging is pretty dimensional so she added several pictures from different angles. As part of the background, Mireille used a very old dictionairy that belonged to her grandfather. It was from 1935 and a way to incorporate his memory with the great grandchildren.

by Mireille Divjak

Memory Boards- Jenna Wilson- Junkitz
Patterned Paper: Creative Imaginations- Karen Russell Blue Bell Noir / Cream Blue Bell
Stickers: Creative Imaginations- Karen Russell Blue Bell ABC
Alpha's: Cricut
Stickles: Ranger
Perfect Pearls: Ranger
Ink: Stazon and Colorbox
Paint: Making Memories
Stamps: Heidi Swapp
Cardstock: Bazzill
Buttons: Foof-a-la
Scrappers Floss: Karen Foster
Clips: Making Memories
Flowers: Prima
Crowns: Maya Road
Ribbon: Making Memories
wood hearts and butterflies: Action

I put a coating of Gesso on the blank memoboards, after drying I added a second layer of Gesso and while that one was still wet I added paint (blue for the 2 boy's and purple for the two girls)
I painted the two small wooden hearts blue and the two butterflies purple.
I ripped pieced of cardboard from a box, peeled of the upper layer and painted it white.
I painted two crowns blue and two crowns purple. after drying I coated them with glitterglaze, added lines with stickles and used the hotfix to add some bling.
I cut 4 rectangles from the dictionairy, adhered them to cardboard and then painted them with perfect pearls using purple and blue perfect pearls. (mixed it with water and then used it as a paint to give it a soft shimmer)
The wings are Heidi Swapp stamps, and I also painted them with perfect pearls. Outlined the wings as well as the dictionairy rectangles with stickles.
This project needed a lot of drying time.
While different parts where drying I played with the patterened paper.
I used parts of torn patterned paper as a background. I also used the cricut to create the letters and numbers for the title, giving them a "shadow" with blue and purple painted cartstock.
Then I took the buttons and traced them on patterned paper. After cutting I used them behind the clear buttons to create coordinating buttons with the paper.
I adhered the alpha stickers on a piece of cardstock and cut them with a little border. I painted the edges black so they stood out more. Then I used a small circle punch to punch the flower centers out of the patterned paper.
I cut four rectangles from heavy cardboard to go as a mat for the photo's.
I painted them white and painted the sides with purple and paint.
After everything has dried it's time to put your project together.
Start with adhering the black and white photo's (these were edited in Adobe's Lightroom) to the white mat. Add wings behind the mat on the right height. Adhere the pieces of dictionairy on the backside below the wings.
Put the patterned paper with a slight tilt on the cardboard, then add the picture with wings and dictionairy parts (again with a slight tilt).
Adhere the crowns on the picture itself and the buttons also on the the picture in the lower corner.
Add the alpha's with the clips and finish decorating by adhering the flowers (I adhered the small patterned paper circles with gluedots, then used some stickles on the flower leaves) and the wooden hearts and butterflies.
Now it's time to adhere the whole project on your memoboard. Please remember to leave enough space for the name / title at the bottom.
I adhered the year's on the pieces of dictionairy, added ribbon to put it all together.


Tessa Tegendraads said...

prachtig erg leuk!!!

XX Tessa

Hanny said...

I gave this weblog an award because you inspiring me with your LO's and techniques.
The topic about is you can find here:

Em said...

Oh My... Mireille this is totally breathtaking. So beautiful, I love it. well done girl x

Giselle said...

Mireille - straight into my faves!

cheryl mezzetti said...

mireille you are sooo talented! I love your work.