Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jess- My Mind's Eye

I made this cute little countdown calendar for my pregnancy. At the time, I did not know if I was having a boy or a girl, so I tried to mix pinks and blues for an ambiguous effect. I do know now (it's a boy!), but the colors are still fitting.

23 Weeks to Go!- A Pregnancy Countdown
by Jessica Summers

SUPPLIES
Paper- My Mind's Eye: Penny Lane Feeling Groovy "No Worries," "Uniquely You." Free Bird "Passion."
Die Cuts- My Mind's Eye: Penny Lane
Clipboard- Creative Imaginations Jumpo Scallop Square
Chipboard- Heidi Swapp Metallic Shapes
Brads- Making Memories "Flower Patch" combo pack
Stickers- Making Memories, Heidi Swapp, American Crafts
Mirror- Heidi Swapp
Paint- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints Charcoal Black, Blank Canvas
Ink- Ranger Brights "Pool," "Raspberry."
Felt- Fancy Pants
Die Cut Template- The Crafters Workshop: Cosmo
Glitter: Ranger Stickles

HOW TO
Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper, the first at 8.25"x8.25" and the second 8"x8". Distress the edges with your scissors, then add coordinating ink.

Paint a few of the Heidi Swapp flowers white. Once dry, add Stickles. Set aside to dry.

Using a Crafters Workshop template, cut out a scalloped circle out of a solid color paper. Layer (using foam) a 4.25" circle cut out of patterned paper. Punch a hole through the center of a circular flower die cut and attach a felt arrow with a brad. Layer on top of circle using foam.

Attach number stickers for the countdown.

Stagger chipboard flowers, cutting a couple in half to a layered look. Add brads to the middle of the larger flowers for dimension.

Add your title. I wanted all of my letters to match, so I used Studio paints and painted them all black.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats for your new style blog !! Sooooooo lovely ;-)

Wendy said...

i agree on the new blog style!
love it!
nice colors on this countdown calendar! i really love the bright colors & whimsy!

Liesbeth said...

wow i love it!