Saturday, August 08, 2009
She's got the look
By: Zarah S Peterson
Paper: Die Cuts With a View
Cardstock: Bazzill (white, black and scalloped pink)
Stamp: Heidi Swapp Word stamps (forever)
Alphas: Creative Imaginations and no-name foam alphas
Embellishments: Ribbon, Prima flowers & leaves (cut up bigger ones)
Digital: brushes from http://www.designerdigitals.com/
Miscellaneous: Glossy Accents by Ranger, bling & raindots, Pens, random pins from my drawer (handmade & no-name), Making Memories staplers, lace, a butterfly, white Staz-on, a bling heart & jump ring
Tools: Edge Scraper by MM
1. Cut strips from the striped paper - or from the papers you wish you mix up. But a piece of paper that goes behind them all and rough up the edges with an edge scraper or scissors.
Layer the papers and add the lace to the top. Staple it down.
2. Mat the photos twice. First on black Bazzill, and then on the scalloped pink. Make sure the scalloped edge is even. If you wish, cut away a small portion of the patterned paper that will run underneath the scallops, to make it less messy as the white Bazzill shows through all the way through the holes.
3. Glue down your papers and the pink ribbon. Staple the ribbon if needed.
4. Adhere the flowers diagonally. I've also added one slightly outside the line, because I wanted Anna to wear a flower in her hair. Add bling and other centers. Then add leaves. Also put some pins through the know of the ribbon.
4. Add your title and your journaling. Make sure the journaling strips fit under the photo and that your text will be visible. The easiest way is to put it in place and make small marks where the needle start and the page ends. That way you'll know how much space you have.
5. Stamp the text to the photo.
6. Add the pencil lines around the LO. If you want to, glue down the edges of the ribbon, making the ribbons arch upwards.
7. You're done! :D