Friday, September 19, 2008

Mireille and Moniek- **MY MIND'S EYE**

Today we have two layouts focusing on summer traditions. The first comes from Mireille. "Every year we take pictures on top of the Fort in Pula. Years ago it was just pictures of me. Then pictures of me pregnant. Later it was pictures of me and Amber, then pictures of Amber and me during my second pregnancy. Last year we had someone else with us to take the pictures and then all four of us were in the picture. It became a true tradition to have our pictures taken at the end of our holiday. To bad that this beautiful tradition came to an end. This year again we took someone else to take the pictures and found out the fort had been sold. There were big closed gates and no way we could climb on top to take pictures. For the first time we took the pictures in front of the fort in stead of on top."



Summer tradition
by Mireille Divjak

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper, Rubon titles, rubon alpha's , transparency and rubon swirls: My Minds Eye
Ink: Stazon
Stickles: Ranger
Buttons: Foof-a-la
Ribbon: chatterbox
tag: quickuts
pen: Sakura

HOW TO
I used 2 sheets of patterened paper and 3 sheets of cardstock for this layout. Cut out a large flower out of cardstock and one out of patterened paper. Distress the edges with Rangers distressing tool. and outline with Stickles. Adhere the flowers to the background sheet. Adhere the picture on yellow cardstock and cut a scalloped border (I used the edges of my fiskar circle cutter which has a scalloped pattern. )
I used MME rubon titles and rubbed them on cardstock. Cut them in a rectangle and a tag, then distressed the edges and inked them. Cut a hole with the crop-a-dile in the tag, cut edges out of the transparency and adhere them with clear glue to the tag. Tie a ribbon through the hole and add a mini tag.
I cut out flowers out of the patterned paper, crumpled them and adhered them with gluedots for dimension. Add buttons. Take four clear buttons and rub the initials of your family members on the button. Adhere with a gluedot. Print journaling on your cardstock and cut it into strops. Outline with a black pen and decorate with mini flowers cut from the patterned paper

Our second project is from Moniek. "On our summer vacations, I usually buy my kids a disposable camera for them to take their own photos. And I found out that it is awesome to see our vacation through their eyes. They take pictures of stuff I never would choose to photograph! I keep all their photo’s, even the blurry ones, because I love them all. I have put them together in a small album and put some of my journaling in between."



Bette's Summer Vacation Photos
by Moniek Jannink

SUPPLIES
Paper: MME Garden Party – My sunshine sunburst stripes / my sunshine lazy days / my sunshine sunny days
Cardstock: Bazzill – pinecone / cream puff
Clear Stamps: Making Memories – journaling / Hampton Arts
Brown and black ink
Black Stazon ink
Quickutz Studio skinny mini
Ribbon

HOW TO
I have used a very old SEI album I had in my stash for years and covered it with MME garden party.
Ink all the edges of the papers with brown ink.
Adhere ribbon on the front of the album.
Print part of the title on cream Bazzill and then stamp jounaling stamp on top. Handcut journaling stamp and adhere to front of the album.
Handcut 2 flowers from the Lazy Daisy papers and use them as two 0’s
Use QK to make letters and adhere these to the front.
Use the Hampton Arts stamps to embellish your album.
The SEI album comes with 4 x 6 page protectors and I stamped on the pageprotectors with Stazon Ink in order to embellish some of the pages. I also adhered some stamped and handcut journaling spots on top of the pageprotectors for journaling.

1 comment:

Christiane said...

wow girls, you did such a GRAT job!! LOVE both projects!! :))