Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Small Treat Box
by Jessica Summers
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Bittersweet- "Ganache," "Crushed Berry," "Blushing Pink," "Meltaway."
Stamps: Making Memories
Paper Punch: Fiskars
Misc: Ribbon, foam pop dots, adhesive, bone folder, scorer.
1. Cut patterned paper down to 8.5"x11". Position your paper lengthwise. Using scoring blade on paper trimmer, score your patterned paper at 2", 5", 7", and 10".
2. Rotate your paper vertically and score at 2" and 7".
3. Use your bonefolder and crease your score lines.
4. Rotate paper back to the horizontal position with the 2" score line at the top position. Looking at your paper, your scorelines (from left to right) will be at 1.5", 2", 5", 7", and 10". Along the top of your paper, trim off all of the sections except the one located at the 2" score line (the second tab from the left). This will be the flap closure for your box.
5. Trim off the section located at the 1.5" score line on the bottom left.
6. Along the bottom section, use your scissors to cut the vertical score lines only to the 7" horizontal line. These flaps will now become the bottom of the box.
7. Make a scalloped border on the closure flap of your box.
8. Finish making creases using your bone folder.
9. Adhere the sides of your box and bottom of your box using a strong adhesive. Do not glue your top flap!
10. Once the box has been put together, carefully line up the front and back top corners and pinch together. Punch two holes in the middle of your flap for your ribbon closure. Match up the holes onto the body of the box, mark the position, then punch again.
11. Thread a ribbon through the holes on the box first, then through the holes on the flap. Tie into a bow.
12. Layers of patterned paper, cardstock, and stamped images make a quick decoration for the front of the box.
13. Distress all edges with ink.