Friday, October 24, 2008

We Now Return!


A quick apology to our readers for the lack of updates. This past weekend there was an openhouse at ScrapbookMate's Warehouse to celebrate it's 5th year being open. Half of the design team went to Amsterdam for two days of workshops and make and takes for some of the wonderful retailers in Europe. For the remainder of the week, I'll post some of the lovely projects that were taught.



First up is a mini album Mireille made using the FaLaLa line.








Falala Mini Album

Supplylist:
Chipboard Album; Ziage Stadium book
Patterned Paper: Making Memories- Falala line
Glittered Poinsettia Red
Skinny stripe
*pinsettia stripe
*music note
*geometric
*snowflake
Holly Berries: making memories
Glitter foam Stickers: Making Memories
Glitter Pebble stickers: Making Memories

ink: stazon
Stamp: Prima journaling stamp
white Marker: American Crafts - Galaxy Marker
Tools: corner rounder ; Oval punch
tim Holtz distress tool
Crop a dile

How to:
cut two sheets of paper 30 x 12.5 cm, two sheets 27 1/2 x 12,5, two sheets 25 x 12,5; two sheets 22, 5 x 12.5; two sheets 20 x 12, 5 ; two sheets 17,5 x 12, 5
I started out with putting the glittered up paper on the cover and on the back
I cut 10 small strips of 5 x 12,5 paper and put those strips on the left side of each mini album page.. following to match the large sheet on the other side so if the if the right side of the page holds a stripe pattern and I put a small strip of music paper over the stripes.. I would start the left part of the album with a large sheet of music paper. I distressed all the edges of the patterned paper before adhering them.
I covered up the part where the patterned paper meets with a ribbon
I cut out ovals and distressed the edges. The ovals from the oval punch are the exact size of the wallet size pictures so they fit perfectly behind it to give it a lil extra dimension.
I used my marker along the edge of the photo to also give a bit extra dimension.
the half oval behind the picture leaves space to add stickers or other embellishments.
I used journaling stamps, cut them out of the patterened paper and distressed the edges. Now you can journal on it.
I used the vellum inbetween. did nothing special with it just used it as protection sheets like the old fashioned photo albums.
I used the ribbon with the lil balls at the edge of each right page.
Decorate your album with the flowers, leaves, glitter and pebble stickers.

No comments: